Immunity to Change training for Clergy and Lay Leaders: April 17 - 21
Transformational Inquiry Facilitator's Workshop:
Bringing Immunity to Change to the Faith Context
A Training for Clergy and Lay Leaders
Please contact Tom Thresher (email@example.com) with any questions about this program and/or to register. You may also click here for further information.
Description: For a decade, Rev. Tom Thresher, Ph.D. has adapted the Immunity to Change approach to the opportunities and challenges of his faith community. He brings this wealth of experience to you in a four day workshop designed specifically for clergy and lay leaders. There you will learn the basic tools of ITC and how to expand them to the faith context.
Immunity to Change is designed to help individuals, committes and board make those changes that are most important to them-- but have proven resistant even to thoughtful plans and heartfelt intentions. The approach first generates a of something which is usually invisible—the way our current mindset produces exactly those behaviors which prevent progress on the goal we most want to achieve. This is the immunity to change. Once we see the real source of what has been preventing change, the approach guides us on a new path to accomplishing it.
Transformational Inquiry builds upon the Immunity to Change approach to address both the challenges and opportunities presented by work in faith communities. It
- Addresses the unique challenges of working with a volunteer organization
- Opens the door for long term personal development coupled with spiritual growth;
- Nurtures resilient, trusting and playful communities;
- Provides essential support for social justice efforts
Dates: April 17 - 21, 2013
Location and Fees:
- Port Orchard, WA, Pilgrim Firs Retreat Center
- $1200, including meals, lodging and materials, including three texts: the Facilitator's Guide to the Immunity to Change Approach and Immunity to Change both by Robert Kegan and Lisa Lahey, and Reverent Irreverence: Integral Church for the 21st Century by Tom Thresher.
- A 10% discount is available for a pastor and lay person attending together from the same congreagation. This fee is only available to those working in a faith context
Registration and Payment: This training is limited to 20 participants, so early registration is recommended. Please click here for registration and payment information, or you may contact Tom directly at firstname.lastname@example.org